Medieval Open Day
10am to 4:30pm – Vinegarth and St Andrew’s Church, Epworth
All are welcome to attend this family fun open day! Join archaeologists and the IoAHC Landscape Partnership team on site to learn all about the dig and what the results have revealed.
Special talks, tours and walks with local experts will be held throughout the day. Children’s activities will be provided and the event is free.
- Interesting history displays (morning)
- How to metal detect on the Isle of Axholme (morning)
- Apple of your Isle – pressing and orchard information
- Epworth Mechanics Institute display
- Dig activities with York Archaeological Trust (all day)
- Tours of the site and St Andrew’s Church (morning)
- History talks and presentations (afternoon)
- Street entertainment in and around Epworth (11am – 12pm)
- Children’s medieval craft activities (10am – 12:30pm)
It will be medieval mayhem for all the family to enjoy.
Free – just turn up