The clock in Owston Ferry Market Place was donated by local benefactor Frances Sandars in 1866. It is inscribed with a plaque which reads ‘The Gift of Francis Sandars 1866’. Originally it was a gas lamp lit by the village gasworks. In recent years the lamp has been replaced by a clock. The clock and plinth are a Grade II listed monument. Francis Sandars gave many gifts to the inhabitants of Owston Ferry. Including the stained East window at the Church of St. Martin as well as the archway to the churchyard. The almhouses on Bagsby Lane were built and endowed by Miss Sandars in 1860. They were for six poor women and the inscription in the central gable reads ‘Dedicated to Almighty God forever. For the benefit of Aged Females’.