The church was erected in 1841 and sits on the site of a chapel built in 1415 but pulled down in the 17th Century. It contains a stained-glass window by William Wailes which represents the scriptural subjects. It was commissioned by William Maws Trousdale in memory of his parents. Trousdale worked as the general surgeon in the village. The churchyard was given to the church in 1875 by Sir Robert Sheffield. The Sheffield family were the chief landowners of West Butterwick at the time. Image courtesy of North Lincolnshire Museum Image Archive.
Category: UpdatesBy Sarah ClarkeLeave a comment
Share this post