Market Hall, Crowle
The Market Hall in Crowle was designed by William Hull of Northampton and built by William Cowling. The foundation stone was laid in 1869 by Thomas Harsley Carnochan and the hall opened on the 7th March 1870. It was funded by capital raised by local businessmen including Mr Potts and Mr Brunyee.
It contains a large assembly room on the first floor which has allowed the building to adapt to many different uses over the years. The building has been used as a Young Men’s Institute, it was a cinema called the Crowle Picturehouse between 1921 and 1939, a dance hall and a restaurant.
It has most recently undergone a redevelopment by North Lincolnshire Council which has seen it become a new community hub for the residents of Crowle.