Steam locomotive and freight train on the viaduct at double rivers to the South East of Ealand, circa 1950’s. This was part of the Isle of Axholme Joint Railway which ran from Marshlands junction near Goole to Haxey. There were stations at Eastoft, Crowle, Belton, Sandtoft and Epworth. It carried agricultural produce such as sugar beet as well as peat from Hatfield Moors. Passenger services ended in 1933 before the line was eventually closed in the 1960’s due to the Beeching cuts.
Image courtesy of North Lincolnshire Museum Service.