This image taken in circa 1937 shows the view of the street along the Trentside at Keadby. The Wesleyan Chapel can be seen on the immediate right. Keadbys economy at the time relied on the Stainforth and Keadby canal which opened in 1802. It connects the River Don Navigation at Bramwith to the River Trent at Keadby by way of Stainforth, Thorne and Ealand. The canal served as a centre for boatbuilding with Richard Dunstons yard at Thorne. It also served as a route for transporting agricultural produce as well as other products such as bricks or coal.
Image courtesy of North Lincolnshire Museums Image Archive.