This image is of the Regal Cinema on the High Street in Crowle. It was opened in 1937 by Hollywood actor Jack Evans and the first film it showed was ‘Gold Diggers of 1937’. The cinema contained one screen and 500 seats. It was built by Mr Spivey and sons to replace their earlier cinema, The Picture House in the Market Hall. The cinema eventually closed in 1970 when a packed house came to watch ‘Bambi’. The building then became The Regal Motor Museum in 1971 which displayed cars and motorcycles. Needing a larger premise this moved and the building was used as a garage until 1986. It was then used as a variety of shops before being bought by Tesco’s in 2005.
Image courtesy of North Lincolnshire Museum Image Archive.