This image shows the Methodist Chapel on the High Street in Wroot, taken in December 1986. It was built in 1870. There was originally a Wesleyan and Primitive Methodist Chapel in Wroot however the Primitive Chapel on Woodside Lane has since closed and is now a residential property. Alongside these there is an Anglican parish church dedicated to St. Pancras. This was originally a wooden building but was burned down in 1348 along with the village due to the Bubonic plague. The church was rebuilt on the same site afterwards. John Wesley, the founder of Methodism was curate at this church in Wroot for two years in 1728. A stone has been erected in the village to commemorate this.
Image courtesy of North Lincolnshire Museum Image Archive