Haxey town railway station opened on the 2nd January 1905. It was part of the line for the Isle of Axholme Joint Railway which ran from Marshlands junction near Goole to Haxey. The Haxey town station was situated on the line between Epworth and Haxey Junction. The line was first proposed in 1897 as a way of transporting agricultural produce across the Isle. Several trains would run each day capable of carrying several thousand tones of produce over the year. In 1927 Epworth recorded transporting 7000 bundles of celery in a three-day period. Additional to agricultural produce the line transported several daily passenger trains. With improvements in local roads and cheaper motorbus fares the popularity of this trainline began to decrease. The Haxey town station closed on the 17th July 1933. The line permanently closed in 1965 as part of the Beeching cuts.
Image courtesy of North Lincolnshire Museum service.