The White Bear is a public house on Belton Road in Epworth. Originally built in the 18th century but it has later 19th century additions. It is a grade II listed building, and this image was taken in 1986 as part of a listed buildings survey. It contains interesting features such as an inglenook fireplace and a boxed-in spine beam. The end gable to the left bears the date ‘1811’ in wrought iron, this is probably the date the building was constructed. It is believed the public house got its name after a ship which was captained by a member of the Sheffield family during the Spanish Armada.
Image courtesy of North Lincolnshire Museum Image Archive.