Crowle brickyard was established circa 1880 by George Robinson. The works had a large brick kiln and the clay pits were joined by a small tramway. A horse drawn tram would bring the clay into the works where it was made into bricks. In 1895 George was declared bankrupt however the brickworks were not sold by auction until 1906. The brickworks were bought by Oakland Bros. They also had similar works around Barnsley. In 1919 the works were voluntary wound-up by owner George Oakland. They were bought by the Redbourne Steelworks in Scunthorpe who used the bricks to build workers houses. In 1967 they became part of British Steel Corporation. However, in 1972 they sold of most of their brickmaking facilities including those at Belton and Crowle. They closed in 1980 but evidence of the works can still be seen in the landscape today. The site of the works and clay pits has today become Seven Lakes Leisure Park.
Image courtesy of North Lincolnshire Museum service.